Think you’d like to work with us?
Send your resume or LinkedIn profile and cover letter demonstrating how you believe in giving value to your clients, that smart content can change the world, along with proof that you’re awesome at what you do.
We’re currently hiring:
This is a senior role.
At MediaFace we work to make exceptional content that inspires and shifts the world. Our tools include video, animation, eLearning, web development, design, and so much more. Our clients hire us for our strategic thinking and the solutions we deliver.
The perfect Senior Graphic Designer is someone who believes that design will save the world. You have a hunger for innovation, collaboration and to stretch creatively. Our perfect candidate would be a strategic thinker, able to determine the best approach and have the creative ability to “get” our clients and their audiences. The Senior Graphic Designer will be able to take ownership of several assigned projects while leading a small team.
You’ll be a great candidate if you hit many of these traits below.
● You make the complex simple and the invisible, visible
● As a strategic thinker, you’re able to visualize the messaging and work with the rest of the team to develop the medium
● Clients love you because you understand them
● You are a quick-read of clients’ needs and are able to find the right solutions
● Leaders and direct reports agree that you inspire and drive those who work with you and for you
● Being organized and detail-oriented is important to you and you secretly like work back plans
● You see the opportunity in every brief, no matter how small
● Crafting across mediums is something you enjoy be it video, websites, or integrated campaigns
● You naturally seek out stunning design
● Willing to share your beautiful ideas
● Build positive relationships with clients through the delivery of successful projects
● Set client expectations and ensure that client objectives are met
● Uncover opportunities to create value beyond what the client has requested
● Confidently drive deliverables through the production process
● Lead a small team who will rely on you for direction
● Cultivate an environment of ‘no surprises’ meaning that information is shared with your team and managers to ensure the project is aligned with proposed budget and timeline
● Provide quality assurance of all creative deliverables
Desired Skills and Experience
● Art direction experience
● Strong web design (HTML, CSS)
● Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects)
● Motion Graphics
● Ideal if you have illustration skills
● Superior verbal skills
● Experience leading a small team
● Ability to balance multiple priorities and clients
● Ability to collaborate with internal and external teams
● Ability to build rapport with others
● Solutions oriented – looks for inspiration
● Excellent English-language skills and ideal if you have French language abilities
● Knowledge of and understanding of AODA
If you have more than 80 per cent of these qualifications, we want to hear from you.
You MUST have a minimum five (5) years experience.
What We Offer
We offer work that is enjoyable, challenging, and important. This is a full-time position working out of our office in Toronto’s Studio District (Leslieville area).
Only apply if you take pride in your work, are curious, collaborative and confident.
Please include a resume or your LinkedIn profile, a link to your digital portfolio and a cover letter.
We are hiring immediately.
If you are offered the position, you MUST be able to pass security screens/clearances.
Please, no recruiters or agencies.
Applicants may ask for accommodations if required to ensure equal participation in the recruitment and job selection process.
MediaFace is looking for an experienced, passionate and talented WordPress Developer to join our growing team in Toronto’s Leslieville.
● Development and customization of WordPress sites using custom or template themes
● PHP application development, writing custom theme functionality
● Integration of content into WordPress themes
● WordPress plugin integration and development
Initial Skills and Qualifications:
● Comfortable with MySQL and the architecture of the WordPress database
● Experience developing custom WordPress themes or plugins using PHP
● Excellent communication and collaboration skills, especially with design teams
● An eye for good design and clean user interfaces
● Self-directed and able to manage your time effectively
● An entrepreneurial spirit with a predisposition to showing initiative
● Knowledge of best practices regarding client management during the web development process
● Skilled in AJAX or other languages such as Ruby on Rails or Python
● Experience with Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)
● Familiarity with creating and modifying Custom Queries in WordPress
● Advanced knowledge of MySQL or other Databases
● Fundamental understanding of SEO
● Experience with mobile application development, either in iOS or Android
● An interest in education, health or safety
● Adaptable and willing to take on new and emerging roles
● Knowledge of designing for accessibility in communication (AODA – WCAG 2.0 AA)
● French-language skills
MediaFace is a leader in developing smart, creative and compelling branded content. Our solid roots in journalism help us develop quality stories that educate, illuminate and inspire – creating brand love for our clients. We’re passionate about the work we do because it matters. We’ve been recognized as one of the fastest growing media and marketing companies in Canada.
How to Apply:
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with “WordPress Developer” in the subject line. Include your resume, as well as examples of websites you’ve developed – indicating the level of your involvement in each.
We are hiring immediately.
Please respect these needs:
● This is not an entry level position
● You must be legally able to work in Canada
● This position is in-house, you will work out of our office in Toronto’s Film District (Leslieville area)
Please, no recruitment agencies, no phone calls and no visits. We appreciate your time in sending us your details, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.